Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Storage DIY

Hi there! Today I'm going to show you an easy make to make drawer dividers/containers.

As a Chinese person I'm very cheap. I don't like to spend money on things I don't really really need (or want). I also like things organized (to an extent). So instead of buying drawer dividers and containers. I use household items to hold my things.

I collect shopping bags. Not on purpose but I end up not throwing them away (the nice ones) and they stack up. I found an easy way to make these shopping bags come in handy!

First you find some small shopping bags you have lying around. (I'm talking about the stiff paper/cardboard ones, the ones that fold not the flimsy plastic ones).

Like so. They vary in sizes so just choose one you want.

I chose the La Senza bag. If you look on the inside you'll see the handles are tied strings. Untie them and pull them out. (If your bags handles are glued stiff paper handles just cut them off).


Like this =].


Choose a height that you want your little bucket to me. I chose mine to be where my finger is. (don't mind the coins I was cleaning out my desk, which is what inspired me to do this post).

Now you gotta take scissors and cut the corners to that edge or else you won't be able to fold them in properly.


It should look like this now. And then you just fold the side into the bag!


Tada!

Here are examples of how I use mine.

This is inside my desk drawer. It keeps things in my drawer from free floating. I love it.

And where I put my makeup.

It keeps my lotions, hairspray and such in place!

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this post.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea! Why didn't I think of that? Your idea is going to save me a lot of money. Next time I'm going to save those nice shopping bags and use them for storage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad this helped you =]

    ReplyDelete